Passionate about placing candidates in great job roles.
Hospitality Staffing UK
Job role in detail
DIRECTOR OF SALES
We are currently working with the opening GM for a branded hotel in Oxfordshire and are looking to recruit a Director of Sales. It is due to open in Autumn of this year and will offer:
• 170 bedrooms
• Destination lounge & Bar
• Restaurant with outdoor dining
• Boutique gym
• Conference & meeting facilities for upto 100.
• Overall team of 4 including Pro-active Sales Manager and 2 re-active (including reservations)
• Working with a Cluster Revenue Manager
The Director of Sales will have overall Sales responsibility of Group, Corporate and M&E segments, developing and implementing strategy to drive performance, activity planning to achieve targets, managing global and domestic accounts and relationship building.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Day to day proactive sales and planning across all relevant segments, working with hotel teams to develop business opportunities that suit hotel requirements and strategy
• Develop and execute Group, Corporate segment & M&E strategy in conjunction with GM & Revenue Manager
• Develop and implement challenging, realistic sales plan for the hotel
• Activity plan and execute initiatives to drive sales and achieve targets
• Attendance and ownership of weekly commercial meetings and hotel business reviews
• Manage National and Local Accounts, taking responsibility for the RFP process, whilst attending relevant call cycles, client events and workshops.
• Regular client entertaining to raise awareness of hotel and brand
• Represent hotel at appropriate exhibitions and trade shows, whilst attending relevant events organised by Marriott
• Assist with site inspections and conversion of large enquiries for Business Groups, Meetings and Events
What are we looking for?
• Extensive background in hotel sales and thorough understanding of hotel corporate and conference sectors
• Strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills and a drive for results
• Knowledge of the Oxford & Reading corporate market would be an advantage
• Excellent English language skills
• Must be IT literate with comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word ,Excel, PowerPoint
• Awareness of channel management systems
• Clear understanding of all relevant distribution channels, from GDS through to on line travel agents with ability to influence channels to advantage of the property
What are we offering?
• Competitive package between £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus £4,000 car allowance