Passionate about placing candidates in great job roles.
Hospitality Staffing UK
Job role in detail
HEAD CHEF - ARENA
£30,000 PER ANNUM
HEAD CHEF - ARENA - LARGE C&B - HULL
This is one of the most exciting new developments in Yorkshire, the venue is home to Entertainment, Shows, Dinners and Conferencing and offers a great opportunity.
This post is responsible for the management of the kitchens and delivery of food across the venue to ensure that all customers receive a first class experience.
To ensure all financial budgetary requirements as set by the company are met while ensuring adherence to all regulatory Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation and promotion of best practice.
• Create and produce menus to the high quality expected, ensuring all food production is of the highest standard.
• Provide management and financial information as well as stock figures as required.
• Ensure that kitchen staff are all compliant with food hygiene, health and safety legislation and best practice.
• Assist the management in optimising all revenue streams to maintain sales growth.
• To plan for events and ensure that all areas are prepared and set up for forthcoming events.
• Work cooperatively with the Conference & Event Sales team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
• Assist with all administrative duties including goods received notes and correct invoicing.
• Manage the performance and development of all kitchen staff.
• Produce and manage rotas and staff resources.
• Source quality food and kitchenware.
• Effectively manage kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation, cleaning and suitable levels/ranges of stock are in place.
• Ensure all available resources are used to their optimum to ensure a smoothly run and profitable operation.
• Work in partnership with all other arena departments to ensure best available resources are available.
• Work closely with the Head of Food & Beverage on kiosk menu and cleanliness of all concourse Food & Beverage.
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the Head of Food & Beverage.
Knowledge & Qualifications;
• Relevant industry professional catering qualifications and evidence of continuous development.
• Minimum of three years working in a responsible role in a similar, high volume, customer focussed venue.
• Sound knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
• Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Smart appearance and presentation.
• Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
• Show flair and imagination in menu design and an enthusiasm for innovative ideas.
• Extensive knowledge of, and interest in, food including current and emerging trends.
• Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in the management of statutory requirements.
• Experience of organising hospitality, functions and events.
• Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations and as a minimum, hold a basic food hygiene certificate.
• Experience of leading and developing a team.
• Experience of providing excellent customer care.
• Experience of budget/cost management.
• Experience of working with colleagues at all levels throughout a company.
• Proven IT experience.
Contact us to discuss further.