We’re looking for a Business Development Manager with a passion for MICE on behalf of a recently refurbished hotel near Walton on Thames. You’ll be responsible for driving new business in order to maintain and grow existing revenues and develop key sales opportunities.
Business Development Manager – Hybrid role
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Job Reference: HSUKBDMS
Contact Name: Richard Morris
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 01482217252
£45,000 – £50,000, Business Development Manager, MICE focus, refurbished hotel, great C&E space, hybrid role, 2 days on property, part of a reputable, established hotel group and global brand.
What will you be doing as a Business Development Manager?
• 25% Account Management / 75% new business activity
• Ensure the defined accounts deliver both retention and growth revenue targets for identified market positioned hotels via direct relationships.
• Achieve account targets by identifying opportunities to grow business and enhance profitability from existing key accounts.
• Develop new account base for the MICE space.
• Development of lapsed, and new pipeline accounts across all B2B segments
• Exceed revenue targets, KPIs & KPOs as set by the Hotel General Manager
• Be the effective communication link between the hotel and all key stake holders, agents and other brand partners within the company and drive key relationships with KAD/KAMs to achieve an uplift in RFPs participation through 3rd parties and online platforms
• Effectively communicate results from the agreed activity and revenue generation • Ensure Hotel Commercial Action Plan activity is completed
• Plan, prepare and proactively participate in monthly sales blitzes to maximise demand generation, working with CSO team on aligned objectives and targets
• Identify and proactively represent the property at industry events, brand workshops and customer presentations/Fam Trips in order to develop new relationships and markets
• Social Media and content: liaise with marketing company, provide content of events to showcase and promote the Space.
• Work with Social Media company to update the various channels to drive Storyboard Web traffic and engagement
• Be fully engaged with Storyboard strategy: Promoting live events, outdoor space focus Live events calendar reminders, Local attractions / travel links, Event space, Wedding showcase, local wakes, proms and Charity events.
What will make you a great fit?
• Demonstrable track record in Business Development and Account Management with ability to grow market share and account penetration as well as incrementally
• Demonstrable sales experience including selling to senior decision makers, in large matrix sales and operational organisation (National, Regional and Local)
• Ability to work to established sales processes and procedures
• Understanding of the Hospitality sector
• Be innovative and creative, the sky is the limit.
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills • High level of business/commercial acumen and strategic planning
• Strong IT Skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Having good knowledge of social media, film & media and sports is an advantage