General Manager, reputable 18 bedroom hotel, very busy F&B business, 75%/25% split, IRO £2 million turnover, 100% leisure driven business
This role would suit a current GM or Deputy GM who is looking for the next step. The aim is to upscale the property, offer AA Rosette level food and 1st class service whilst focusing on making the business commercially very strong. We are seeking a passionate, forward-thinking and dynamic General Manager to work closely with the management company to help deliver on the project. Please see below some details regarding the job and the plans. Current turnover is around £2.1 million with 75% food & beverage and 25% accommodation although once the extra bedrooms are added this is expected to change to 60/40 split.
An overview of the hotel is as follows:
- 18 bedrooms (many with sea views)
- Restaurant serving fresh local produce, Lounge & traditional bar area serving bar snacks and real ales. Currently popular with weddings and private events out of the main summer season. (March, April, October & November)
- Outdoor garden space with seating and wedding ceremonies.
The redevelopment plans for the site over the next 18 months will include:
- The refurbishment of all bedrooms
- An extension of the current building to create approx. 4 – 6 further bedrooms
- Refurbishment of the public area space including F&B area
- The potential purchase of an adjacent building to create more bedrooms
- Upscale of the F&B offering and more focus on private events
This is a key position within the business, so we are looking for someone who is very much standards driven, commercially astute, hardworking, dedicated and committed to go the extra mile for our guests and above all a real people person.
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of all Hotel operations
- Directly accountable for all departments
- Strong knowledge of food & beverage to increase sales and improve service
- Playing an active role in the operations management of the business at all times
- Monitoring and acting on guest feedback, handling complaints and where possible intercepting problems before they become a complaint
- Ensuring all departments are performing their role, providing assistance when required and keeping the team motivated.
- Planning well for all aspects of the business and being fully aware of forthcoming business
- Maximise revenue opportunities and manage an effective cost programme to ensure budgeted sales and profit targets are met
- Support the owners in the development and success of the business & planned refurbishment
- Be involved with overseeing the hotel refurbishment and support your HOD team ensuring operational standards
- The ability to engage with staff and guests alike
- The ability to deliver a high level of guest care consistently