We are currently recruiting a Wedding Co-ordinator for an outstanding venue in East Yorkshire.
We are looking for a Wedding Co-ordinator who will get a real kick out of planning and coordinating weddings held at the property from the point of initial enquiry, show-rounds and planning, all the way through to execution and aftercare, all whilst ensuring that standards are maintained at the highest level!
You will need to be very organised, ensure you fully understand the needs of your clients, managing their expectations and enjoy the buzz of coordinating the wedding, creating excitement for your clients as a strong representative for the business.
Areas of Responsibility
- You’ll need a creative flare to able to advise and guide clients should they need inspiration for events offering a ‘concept to completion’ wedding planning service
- Conduct show-rounds with prospective clients promoting the hotel
- Conduct final details meetings
- Maximise and drive the wedding and conference business of the hotel
- Drive sales and revenue through up-selling
- Track and proactively monitor all wedding enquiries and track performance against previous years
- Routinely review the Hotel’s wedding packages to suggest ways to increase profitability
- Ensure all event instructions are communicated effectively to other departments
- Work in collaboration with the operational team to coordinate the wedding day.
- Whilst it is not a pre-requisite that you are present on the wedding day, you must have the flexibility to be present when required
- Regularly assess competition / new entrants / market trends
- Organise and host the wedding open evenings and wedding fayres internally and externally
- Work in partnership with management on marketing and monitor effectiveness of strategy
- Be proactive in looking at new marketing ideas and what competitors are offering to ensure that we are offering above and beyond
- Be friendly, smiley, sociable and welcoming to our customers, to create a great atmosphere.
- Be a Wedding ambassador
- Pro active seller
- Remain calm, patient and polite, if receiving customer feedback
- Be helpful and go out of your way to help our customers
- Be confident and self-motivated, demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Be honest and reliable, trustworthy and respectful
- Be able to communicate well with people of all levels
- Look for opportunity to improve areas of the business