We are looking for an outstanding Head Chef who has a passion for producing seasonal food using fresh ingredients, locally sourced. The client is currently undergoing a refurbishment of the Restaurant, Lounge and Bars area. An exciting chance no to be missed!
The hotel consists of:
- 17 bedrooms
- 50 cover Restaurant that currently offers a TDH style menu available for dinner along with Sunday lunch along with ‘Specials’ that change on a regular basis within season. The menu that is popular with both hotel residents and locals, many who have frequented the hotel for many years. The menu features fresh, local seasonal dishes and averages 30 covers per evening midweek and 40 – 50 covers on a weekend. Sunday lunch is 50 covers. The owners are keen to widen the food offering and introduce a more varied style of dining including tapas and sharing boards.
- Bar & Lounge area that is available for drinks and small groups.
- The hotel also caters for small christenings, wakes, private parties and events.
- Marquee to facilitate larger weddings, events and parties. The owners are exploring the option of having this throughout the year, self-contained with its own kitchen. The new Chef will be tasked with deciding on the best option available.
- Additional 17 bedrooms that will be part of the refurbishment and restoration of one of the current buildings.
The role of Head Chef will take full responsibility and accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen, reporting directly to the owner.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who can lead this kitchen from the front and demonstrate 1st class qualities to produce quality food along with the ability to develop the team and ensure the kitchen runs efficiently and effectively along with having a strong relationship with suppliers, the ability to produce modern, British food and have a proven track record within a busy commercial kitchen that has a similar food turnover. Candidates must also have a strong knowledge of food costings, health & safety and food hygiene. Key aspects of this role will be menu development for both the Restaurant & future weddings and events, help the business achieve a 5 star rating from the food standards agency, develop the current team, implement the best working practises.